How to Apply
If you want to apply for a current local vacancy, please read the following paragraphs very carefully. Application packages that are inadequate or incomplete will not be considered.
The Human Resources Office accepts and considers only applications that are associated with a specific vacancy announcement. We will not accept applications that are not associated with a specific vacancy announcement.
With the exception of certain Appointment Eligible Family Members of mission employees, all other categories of candidates must have the required work and residency permits at the time that they apply for local positions in Korea. (See: "Definitions")
Local position vacancies are advertised inside and outside concurrently. The recruitment process is competitive and it is essential that candidates address the selection criteria (required qualifications) with specific and comprehensive information. When equally qualified, candidates will be given preference in the following order: U.S. citizen EFM who is also a U.S. Veteran, a U.S. citizen EFM or a U.S. Veteran, and all others.
The application language is English unless a position required only a rudimentary knowledge of English.
A Complete application package must include:
- A cover letter indicating the job title/number.
- Job Application Form (PDF: 195.3 KB) or
- A current detailed resume which provides the following additional information as appropriate:
For all - Indication of nationality (also dual nationalities) and address of residence.
For all non-Korean citizens - Evidence of authorization to work in Korea.
For U.S. citizen - Social Security Number.
- Documentation addressing the minimum requirements of the position as advertised (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, etc.).
- U.S. veterans claiming preference must provide a copy of their Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (Form-DD214) with their application.
Thank you very much for your interest in employment with the U.S. Embassy in Seoul.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.