All U.S. passport applications submitted at the U.S. embassies and consulates are sent to the United States for processing. Upon receipt of a completed application, processing generally takes two weeks for passport applications submitted in Seoul. American citizens in the Republic of Korea should seek early renewal of expiring passports. Please keep in mind that many countries require passports to be valid for at least six months beyond the travel dates.
The links in the passport categories below will take you to the Department of State Passport Wizard. The Passport Wizard will walk you through the process of filling out any passport service form electronically and put the information into a barcode that we can upload instantly when you come in to apply for your passport. Please refer to the tip for using passport wizard. After filling out your application online, print and bring your application with you to the Embassy with an appointment or if applicable, send it via one of the courier services. Applications filled out by hand will not be accepted.
- You have 90 calendar days from the submission of your application to complete the process.
- To receive notification regarding the status of your passport, please provide an email address on the passport application.
- Average passport processing time is about 2-3 week upon receipt of a completed application. If you have not received your passport in 3 weeks and wish to know the status of your passport, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your full name, Date of Birth, and type of passport.
- Emergency Passport Request: Please schedule an appointment on the Embassy’s appointment page and appear in person to explain your urgent need for travel. Bring a travel itinerary in addition to the online passport application and supporting documents/fee listed on our website.
- A return delivery courier slip filled out by you will be used to return your passport. Please note that you will pay for this service in cash directly to the courier upon delivery.
To Make an Appointment
Click here to make an appointment.
Please remember to write down your automatically generated password.