Every visa applicant must pay the visa application processing fee for the visa category being applied for, unless the application fee is not required, as listed below.
- B1/B2, F, M, J, C1/D, I, T, U, or TN/TD visas - $140
- Petition based visas (H, L, O, P, Q, R) - $150
- E-1, E-2, E-2C or E-3 visas - $390
- K1/K2 or K3/K4 visas - $350
The NIV processing fee can be paid at any branch of Shinhan Bank within Korea.
The processing fee is payable only in Korean Won. All NIV applicants, including children listed in a parent's passport, if applying for a U.S. NIV, must pay the processing fee. The bank will give each applicant a receipt showing payment. This fee receipt must be submitted with each application at the time of submission. Applicants cannot pay the processing fee at the Embassy.
Please note that the NIV processing fee is non-refundable.
Additional Fees for Blanket L visas
- L visa fraud prevention and detection fee - for visa applicants included on an L blanket petition (principal applicants only): $500.00
- Border Security Act fee – for visa applicants included on an L blanket petition, where petition indicates subject to fee (principal applicants only): $2,250.00
This fee will be payable at the time of the interview. No personal checks are acceptable and all fees are non-refundable. The Embassy accepts payment by international credit card or cash.
The reciprocity fee will be determined at the time of interview and can be paid at the U.S. Embassy in cash, by money order, by traveler's check or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diner's only). Personal checks are not accepted.
- Diplomatic passport holders
- Applicants applying for official visas (A or C3 visas)
- Employees of International Organizations (G Visas)
- U.S. Government employees travelling on official business
- Exchange Visitors who are sponsored by the U.S. government (J Visas) (See Exchange Visitor Visas for further detailed fee information.)